I would like to provide an update to everyone on the survival of the Greely Legion.
We have been very fortunate to have received financial assistance from the following sources:
- a grant from the Federal Government
- a donation form District Command
- Funds from the 'Go Fund Me' account
- Profit from the sale of 'HMCS Gloucester' ball caps
Sponsorship from the two drive-in movie nights and two live drive-in concerts which were organized by Bobby B Productions.
The community, as well as local community organizations, branch members, members of SUPRAD, retired HMCS Gloucester members, and friends of the branch, have all made contirbutions. These funds will cover our financial requirements into the summer months. Hopefully, before the fall, we will be open and operating again.
A big thank you to all for your assistance.
President Linda Wyman
Greely & District Legion, Branch #627
- Small hall/Lounge (handicap accessible) - holds up to 100 people
- Large hall/Gymnasium (handicap accessible) - holds up to 500 people
- Commercial kitchen - fully equipped, City Of Ottawa Inspected
- Handicapped accessible washroom
- Large parking lot
- Well maintained grounds
- Large covered outdoor stage
- Paved dance floor in parking lot
- Horseshoe pits
- Outdoor barbeque
For any questions contact Linda Wyman: 613 822 1451 or 613 822 0233
Are you interested in becoming a Legion Member?
Your Legion needs you!!
If you are a Canadian Citizen, Commonwealth Subject or citizen of an Allied Country then you are eligible to join! You DO NOT need to be military to join.
With your membership you will receive exclusive savings through our partners in the Member Benefits Program. Also included with your membership is a subscription to Legion Magazine. You will receive 6 issues a year.
Can you spare some to time for our Poppy Campaign?